Tuesday, February 9, 2010

End CD Age?

Some time ago, I read about the end of CD's coming soon. Well, i didn't actually belive that, but yesterday I had to agree with that. I had downloaded a Fedora 12 Live CD and DAMN... I didn't have any empty CD lying around. Well waht the hell should i do? Run to the shop and buy a CD-R ? Well not exactly I had another Idea. I took my 1GB flash disk and did

# dd_rescue /dev/sdb /home/kalgecin/FLASH.img
# dd_rescue Fedora-Live.iso /dev/sdb

Booted my laptop from the flash disk (by the way the bootup time was way faster) and installed the Fedora (againg increadably fast). The did

#dd_rescue /home/kalgecin/FLASH.img /dev/sdb

and BOOM! I have my data on my flash back, I have the Fedora installed!. For the DVD version lovers, you can do the same with an 8GB Flash (Or 4GB if it's less than that cos Full DVD is 4.6GB).
Happy Fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment